School heads ask for reduction in syllabus: May not be in best interest of students, says education dept

0
40

EVEN AS Mumbai Association of Heads of Secondary (Higher Secondary) Schools (MAHSS) wrote to the state board looking for additional syllabus reduction for college students of Classes X and XII, officers on the education division and a few mother and father really feel this may increasingly not be in the best interest of college students.

In the letter written on January 11, the affiliation said that even after the primary fortnight of January, bodily classroom classes for Classes X and XII have not resumed. They stated earlier than this, the board decreased 25 per cent of the syllabus, and that it was inconceivable to show the remaining 75 per cent in such little time.

While 19,524 state board colleges in Maharashtra, barring these in Mumbai and Thane, resumed classroom educating for Classes IX to XII final week, the BMC is predicted to determine on reopening colleges in the town on Friday. “Even if online classes were going on, many students have missed them and it is not possible for teachers to ensure that every student has understood what was taught online. That is why teachers will have to redo these lessons in a physical classroom when schools reopen and also revise them with students. It will be very difficult to teach and revise so much in so little time,” stated Prashant Redij, secretary, MAHSS. This, he stated, may have an effect on the go share of college students taking the state board examination this yr.

Government officers, nonetheless, stated calls for like that of the MAHSS have come from varied quarters however additional reduction of syllabus would be a “washout”.

Many state board colleges exterior Mumbai and Thane that began classroom educating final week have encountered issues with attendance.

Class X examination of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) will be held after May 1 and Class XII Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination will be held after April 15, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad had earlier stated. With just a few months left for preparation, principals of many faculties, affiliated to totally different boards in the town, really feel college students want to come back again to high school no less than for sensible examination preparation.

J Mohanty, principal of Delhi Public School, Nerul, stated whereas lecturers have been already ready with pattern paper assessments for pre-board examination, they awaited directions from the federal government and consent from mother and father. He stated there was no issue in holding pre-board examination on-line, mother and father have been extra involved about sensible, which, for the CBSE board, have been scheduled to be held in March.

“Students, especially from Class XII, and teachers are mentally ready for exams. For practical exams, the students may come for some demo practical classes. Since they have not come to school all year, they may find it difficult if they are unable to handle the equipment properly during their practicals,” Mohanty stated.

Arundhati Chavan, head of Parent Teacher Association United Forum of Maharashtra, stated, “Parents are mostly concerned about schools ensuring safety measures. If schools take all the necessary precautions, parents are willing to send their children to school. For the whole year, students have had no writing practice. When they appear for examination, they will have to be able to write in the given time.”

She stated mother and father too have been not in favour of additional lowering syllabus as that might imply the ideas the youngsters study would be that a lot fewer.

“Class X is the base of their education. If they learn fewer concepts, in higher classes those concepts will always be weaker,” she stated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here