Eleven cities, 12 stadiums together with a brand-new facility in Navi Mumbai, an estimated budget of Rs 318.65 crore, pandemic insurance coverage, a promise to extend participation in youth leagues by 10-fold and a testimony from England and Chelsea midfielder Callum Hudson-Odoi.
In its bid to host the 2027 Asian Cup, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) has offered granular particulars of the nation’s bold plan to host the match in its 177-page bid e book, which was launched by the continental physique on Monday.
India’s file within the Asian Cup has been abysmal. The nationwide workforce has certified simply 4 occasions, and twice within the final three many years. Both occasions, in 2011 and 2019, the workforce did not transcend the group stage. India is in rivalry to qualify for the 2023 version. The profitable bid for the 2027 Asian Cup can be introduced in 2021 and hosts are assured participation within the match.
The AIFF has proposed Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai (two venues, DY Patil and yet-to-be-constructed Panvel-Khargar Stadium), New Delhi, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram because the potential host cities for the 24-nation championship. Kolkata’s Salt Lake Stadium has been really helpful to host the ultimate, whereas Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, New Delhi and Navi Mumbai have been recognized as potential venues for the 2 semi-finals.
India is in rivalry to host the AFC Cup together with three different international locations – Iran, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. While Qatar, like India, has proposed to host matches in 12 stadiums, Iran has put ahead 14 stadiums in 9 cities and Saudi Arabia has chosen 10 stadiums, together with back-up venues.
While Saudi Arabia and Iran haven’t offered their complete estimated budget, Qatar’s is a bit more than 3 times India’s – practically $137 million in comparison with India’s $44 million.
Nearly half of India’s estimated budget has been allotted to infrastructure improvement and security and safety of the match. The AIFF has projected that upgrading stadiums and coaching amenities will price Rs 92.20 crore. Pune’s Balewadi Sports Complex, the federation stated, would require probably the most upgradation, value practically Rs 37 crore, adopted by Hyderabad’s GMC Balayogi Stadium (roughly Rs 30 crore). The development of the 40,000-seater Panvel-Khargar Stadium in Navi Mumbai is predicted to be full in 2026.
Safety and safety have been estimated to price Rs 55 crore whereas the Local Organising Committee’s workforce budget is projected to be Rs 57 crore. The bid e book said that the ‘host stages and the AIFF aim to generate USD 100 million from domestic and international tourism associated with the tournament’. The AIFF additionally expects to generate roughly Rs 76 crore by ticket revenues, with the most affordable ticket more likely to price Rs 500.
The AIFF stated the tentative budget included working price to host the 2026 Asian Under-23 Championship, which can be a preparatory match for the eventual host of the 2027 Asian Cup.
Although it wasn’t made clear who will foot the invoice for the match, the AIFF claimed its bid has ‘the full, unwavering support of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, the National Government and the highest state management.’ “It is a matter of national importance for which both central and state government are committed to setting their political differences aside to combine their efforts and showcase India to world,” the bid doc said.
Last week, a parliamentary committee really helpful, too, that India ought to host extra international occasions. In its bid e book, the AIFF has cited the nation’s expertise of internet hosting international occasions and the ‘successful delivery of major football tournaments’, together with the 2017 Under-17 World Cup.
The AIFF has quoted Hudson-Odoi, who was half of the U-17 World Cup-winning England workforce, in its bid e book as saying that ‘playing in India is unreal.’
Hosting the Asian Cup, the federation stated, was ‘closely aligned with our mission to further promote mass participation and develop our football teams.’ The AIFF additionally stated they may conduct occasions much like the Mission XI Million programme, held previous to the 2017 under-17 World Cup, to extend youth participation.
The proposed venues:
1. EKA Arena (Transtadia), Ahmedabad: The venue has been proposed to host matches as much as the quarterfinals. “Given the stadium is regularly used to host events and recently built with state-of-the-art technologies, not much expenditure can be expected to be incurred on the stadium,” the bid e book said.
2. Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar: The AIFF stated it didn’t count on any main bills on stadium renovation however has budgeted roughly Rs 7 crore for minor works. The venue has been shortlisted for Group Stage, Round of 16 and Quarterfinal matches.
3. Indira Gandhi Stadium, Guwahati: Like Bhubaneswar, the AIFF stated minor renovation value roughly Rs 7 crore can be wanted to get the stadium prepared for the match. It will even host matches as much as the quarterfinals.
4. Nehru Stadium, Goa: The venue would host matches as much as the Round-of-16 stage if India will get the match, the AIFF stated. It would require ‘certain renovations’, which can price as much as Rs 10 crore.
5. GMC Balayogi Stadium, Hyderabad: To make the stadium compliant with the rules for the Asian Cup, renovations amounting to roughly Rs 30 crore can be required on the stadium, which is house to ISL facet Hyderabad FC. The stadium would host matches as much as the quarterfinals.
6. Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata: The recently-renovated stadium would want a couple of touch-ups, which might price as much as Rs 10 crore. Kolkata has been recognized as one of the match headquarters – Delhi being one other one – and the long-lasting Salt Lake Stadium has been proposed to host matches within the group stage, Round of 16, quarterfinals and the ultimate.
7. Nehru Stadium, Kochi: Like the Salt Lake venue, this stadium, too, was renovated for the U-17 World Cup three years in the past. The AIFF stated further work costing roughly Rs 10 crore is likely to be required on the venue for ‘complete compliance’ with the foundations. It has been chosen to host Group Stage, Round of 16 and a semi-final for the match.
8. DY Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai: The stadium is not going to require so much of work for internet hosting the Asian Cup matches and can be ‘suitable’ to host Group Stage, Round of 16 and a semi-final of the match, the AIFF stated.
9. Panvel-Khargar Stadium, Navi Mumbai: The new facility, which may have 4 coaching websites and a 40,000-seater stadium, is more likely to be prepared by early 2026, the AIFF stated, and will ‘serve as one of the biggest legacies’. “It may also be noted that DY Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai and this new stadium would be within half-an-hour drive of each other providing an opportunity for fans to witness world-class football at both the venues on the same day as per the match schedule,” the bid e book said.
10. JLN, New Delhi: The stadium could require minor upgrades costing as much as Rs 5 crore, the AIFF stated, and can be ‘ideally suited for hosting the first match (opening ceremony), R16, QF or even the semi-final match for the tournament.’
11. Greenfields International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram: The recently-built venue is not going to require any main modifications and has been proposed to host matches within the Group Stage, Round of 16 and Semifinals.
12. Balewadi Sports Complex, Pune: The venue would require most upgradation, which is estimated to price roughly Rs 37 crore. It has been picked to host matches as much as the Round of 16 phases.