Holi is considered one of the most-loved and celebrated festivals in India and round the world. Every 12 months, folks sit up for collaborating in the festivities, and even amid the pandemic, they’re ensuring they have a good time as safely as potential, with just a few shut family and friends members.
But, if there may be one factor that can act as a deterrent and cease folks from celebrating the festival of colors, it’s if they’re on their durations. If Holi 2021 has coincided with your menstrual cycle, fear not. Sharana Jhangiani, the head of neighborhood for Nua, a new-age ladies wellness platform, shares with indianexpress.com 5 extremely easy methods to maintain your menstrual hygiene on the day of Holi. Read on.
1. Plan forward, plan higher: Holi calls for bodily participation. It is a good suggestion to plan further, to ensure you have the appropriate gear. Take into consideration elements similar to how lengthy you will probably be out of your home, what sort of garments will make really feel most snug, and what kind of restroom amenities will probably be accessible. Always carry a useful bag with an extra pair of undergarments, pads, hand sanitiser, and wipes.
2. Choose your proper dimension: Opting for the proper dimension of the pad (ideally bigger and wider) will stop any undesirable leaks, and therefore much less likelihood of any ugly stains. The use of correct merchandise will enable you to enjoy the festival with minimal concern and most flexibility. Choosing the quick-dry garments can additionally afford you higher mobility and ease.
3. Avoid harsh chemical-based colors or sprays: It’s a good suggestion to have enjoyable and soak in some colors. Make positive you don’t bask in harsh, synthetic, and chemically-heavy colors to avoid wasting your self from any pores and skin harm or an infection. You wouldn’t need your pad to have chemical substances and artificial colors on it.
4. Keep your self hydrated and keep away from sure meals: Playing Holi in the solar is enjoyable, but it surely additionally drains your water ranges. Period cramps, which happen as a consequence of bloating, are sometimes a results of dehydration. Dehydration makes your cramps extra intense and longer. So sip as a lot water as you can. Also be cautious of what you eat and keep away from any meals which will add to the bloating.
5. Shower in lukewarm water: Post-Holi hygiene is crucial, particularly when you are having your durations and require particular consideration. It is really useful you give your self a heat wash. This will scale back the danger of an infection and assist you filter any color and odour.
And whereas you are doing that, discover out how you can maintain your pores and skin and hair, too. You will discover all the data right here.
For extra life-style information, observe us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle