India lacks intercourse schooling, which is why there may be little reproductive well being consciousness and plenty of misconceptions. According to Dr Neha Bothara, marketing consultant gynecologist and obstetrician, Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, unfounded issues or false perceptions deter women and men from utilizing a selected contraceptive technique, if in any respect. This can result in undesirable pregnancies and bodily and psychological hurt to the lady.
Why use contraceptive pills?
Their greatest benefit is that they’re efficient and have a low failure charge when used accurately. “Other benefits include regular menstrual cycles and lighter flow. The need to take one pill daily can seem tedious and lead to missed pills, which add to the failure rate. Women, therefore, need to take responsibility of their reproductive health while consuming contraceptive consciously and carefully,” the physician advises.
Dr Bothara shares the 5 most typical myths about pills that one mustn’t ever believe:
1. All contraceptive pills trigger weight achieve: First era contraceptive pills precipitated some non permanent weight achieve associated to fluid retention within the physique. Newer formulations don’t trigger weight achieve, relatively assist with weight reduction in sufferers who’ve Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), in addition to different advantages.
2. Contraceptive pills trigger zits and irregular hair development: Newer contraceptive capsule formulations, with completely different progesterone parts, scale back testosterone focus and scale back the incidence of zits in sufferers with PCOS.
3. It is all proper to overlook a capsule or two within the cycle: Missing pills throughout the cycle can result in an surprising being pregnant. Moreover, it will probably additionally trigger recognizing or mid-cycle bleeding. One should all the time seek the advice of a gynecologist if a number of pills have been missed, to be taught about what all precautions must be taken, and the way to verify surprising pregnancies don’t occur.
4. Contraceptive pills have an effect on fertility: There is not any proof that contraceptive pills have an effect on fertility in any method. They solely forestall ovulation and pregnancies.
5. Birth management pills may be taken with out prior analysis or danger evaluation: Birth management pills are usually protected, however some individuals who have sure danger components like having a genetic tendency for blood clot formation, or those that are overweight or who smoke, is probably not appropriate candidates for contraceptive capsule use. Hence, one should all the time seek the advice of a physician and get a danger analysis earlier than beginning Oral Contraceptive Pills (OCP).
For extra way of life information, comply with us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle