The world tally of circumstances of the coronavirus illness (Covid-19) is closing in on 82 million, the Johns Hopkins University coronavirus tracker exhibits. Amid this, a lot of international locations have commenced vaccination drives in opposition to the pandemic, with principally the Pfizer-BioNTech SE or the Moderna vaccine being administered. Some international locations, in actual fact, are utilizing each.
Click right here for full Covid-19 protection
Several international locations are on the verge of approving a vaccine whereas others are nonetheless conducting trials or awaiting trial outcomes. Here are some newest updates almost about the Covid-19 vaccine drives or the vaccine growth entrance:
1. Singapore on Wednesday turned the primary Asian nation to start a vaccination drive for its healthcare employees, who have been administered the Pfizer-BioNTech SE vaccine. More healthcare establishments will comply with within the coming weeks whereas senior residents will begin receiving vaccine pictures from February.
2. Ireland on Tuesday commenced vaccinations, with a 79-year-old girl changing into the primary Irish citizen to obtain a Covid-19 vaccine shot. Like most different international locations, Ireland, too, has accepted the Pfizer-BioNTech SE vaccine. Incidentally, on Tuesday, the nation reported its highest single-day virus rely of 1,546.
3. Mexico’s deputy well being minister on Tuesday stated that China’s CanSino Biologics Inc will submit the trial outcomes of its Covid-19 vaccine to the Mexican authorities subsequent week. Mexico is among the many international locations the place vaccinations kicked off, with greater than 18,500 healthcare employees having acquired vaccine pictures since final week, when the immunisation drive began.
4. Russia has utilized for section Three trials of its Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine in Brazil, the world’s third worst-hit nation, the South American nation’s well being regulator, Anvisa, introduced on Tuesday. Anvisa additional stated that it will overview the request inside 72 hours.
5. Iran on Tuesday began its first examine of the protection and effectiveness of a Covid-19 vaccine. The vaccine is the primary in Iran to succeed in human trials stage and has been developed by Shifa Pharmed, part of the state-owned pharmaceutical, Barekat.
(With company inputs)