An unprecedented impeachment listening to failed to hold TV viewers from settling again into acquainted, escapist habits final week.
NFL and faculty soccer and durable drama franchises together with the Chicago exhibits on NBC and the NCIS group on CBS had been among the many week’s ratings winners, in accordance to Nielsen figures out Wednesday.
The second impeachment of now-former President Donald Trump drew viewers to information exhibits, however not within the numbers that tuned within the prior week to bear witness to rioting contained in the U.S. Capitol and gave CNN get its largest single-day viewers ever.
CNN had final Wednesday’s most-watched impeachment listening to protection and once more claimed the weekly lead amongst cable information channels.
CBS’ information journal 60 Minutes, which included studies on the Capitol assault and safety measures for President Joe Biden’s inauguration, was the week’s prime non-sports broadcast regardless of competitors from a NFL divisional playoff sport.
That contest, between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New Orleans Saints was the week’s No. 1 program. It helped make Fox the most-watched community with a median 9.1 million viewers, adopted by NBC with 6.4 million. CBS had 4.1 million, ABC had 3.5 million, Univision had 1.3 million, Telemundo had 1 million and Ion Television had 940,000.
ESPN was the most-watched cable community in prime-time, averaging 3.2 million for the week. CNN had 3.1 million, MSNBC had 2.7 million and HGTV had 1.1 million.
ABC’s World News Tonight topped the night information ratings contest, averaging 10.3 million viewers. NBC’s Nightly News had 8.5 million and the CBS Evening News had 6.3 million.
For the week of Jan. 11-17, the 20 most-watched applications in prime time, their networks and viewership:
1. NFC Playoff: Tampa Bay at New Orleans, Fox, 35.5 million.
2. NFL Playoff: Baltimore at Buffalo, NBC, 26.2 million.
3. College soccer championship: Ohio State at Alabama, ESPN, 18.5 million.
4. NFL Pregame, NBC, 18.3 million.
5. NFC Postgame, Fox, 18 million.
6. College soccer pregame, ESPN, 12.8 million.
7. 60 Minutes, CBS, 10.57 million.
8. Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, ABC. 7.8 million.
9. Chicago Med, NBC, 7.6 million.
10. Chicago Fire, NBC, 7.3 million.
11. Chicago PD, NBC, 6.6 million.
12. Great North, Fox, 6.1 million.
13. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 5.6 million.
14. Magnum P.I., CBS, 5.5 million.
15. This Is Us, NBC, 5.46 million.
16. The Chase, ABC, 5.45 million.
17. NCIS, CBS, 5.2 million.
18. NCIS: New Orleans, CBS, 5.1 million.
19. MacGyver, CBS, 5 million.
20. The Price is Right, CBS, 4.9 million.